Shark
Shark asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Does Chivas Regal and Tequila ever go bad?

I have some bottles of chivas ,Smirnoff , Tequila , and Jack Daniels sitting around for 20 some years I am a beer drinker only does that stuff ever expire?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If the liquid is the same color and clarity with no sediment, haze or cloudiness it should be good. Whiskey, Bourbon, eye, scotch brandy and others get better with age. Many remain the same. I'm quite certain the Chivas is good! Good in so many ways... and I know it has an unlimited shelf life. It gets better with age, just like this old cougar.... Others go bad and smell bad while still in the bottle. Unopen bottles stay fresh longer. You might want to look up each liquor individually, some preservative free liquors have a limited shelf life even unopened.  Don't take a chance, the information isn't hard to find.

What brand tequila? Where have you been keeping all this?

• ?

They will be drinkable long after you are not able to drink them - but contrary to popular myth - they do not get better with age in the bottle - that is reserved for some varieties of red wines. 

• Robert

That product might not go bad but the papers are fill with countless examples of people who go bad from drinking too much Chivas Regal and Tequila.