Fake Christmas Tree or Real Christmas Tree?

Favorite Answer

I like real trees hun.

A real one would be nice, but I have a fake one. I like keeping nature where it belongs.

Fake. My cats eat plants and would probably eat a real Christmas tree and I don't know how true this is but apparently real pine needles can puncture their intestines. Some sources say its only dry needles that can do that. Honestly though even if the worst of it was them puking up the needles I don't want to deal with that. I used to have a parlor palm (cat safe) and my cats puked from that at least once a day and that got real old real fast. With a fake tree I can also wrap the branches around the ornament hooks to keep the cats from knocking them off the tree. 

I also don't want to deal with the mess of needles and needing to buy a new tree each year. 

• rhonda

Fake as I hate standing on fallen needles with my bare feet

• Nicole

real............

Real to me 

Unfortunately, my family and I had a yearly argument about real or fake and I eventually gave in and we now have a fake

Real, mostly because I have animals and it's 10 times more dangerous for them to ingest parts of the fake tree vs. real pine needles. They at least puke those up, but a fake one can kill them.

• Kathy

I prefer a real one.

• ?

Fakes is best.  A real one is just used once, is a mess to clean up later, and a fire hazard. 

Fake white tree 4 ft high...it is on piano.