Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Lack of intimacy between husband & wife due to stress? Normal?

When I say lack of intimacy, what I really mean is lack of sex (I just wanted to be careful of wording). My husband and I still share plenty of intimacy in the way of daily hugs and kisses, lots of cuddling, playful touching, and conversation. But we haven’t had sex in two months. We tried about 3 weeks ago but he couldn’t stay hard long enough to enter me. We haven’t tried since then but last night I asked if everything was okay and he said he hasn’t had any sex drive because he’s tired and very stressed/anxious at work. I let him “vent” about work then and offered my support. I want to be a good partner but I’m also feeling really lonely and long to share that kind of intimacy with him. We’re only 30 & 32 years old. He’s always had a relatively low sex drive but we’ve never gone 2 months without having sex. Is this normal for couples to go through phases like this? Do you think something else is up? I haven’t lost or gained any weight (I’m a healthy weight) or changed my appearance or hygiene habits. I have no reason to think he’s being unfaithful. But it just seems weird to me for a young husband and wife to go this long without sex. 

• ?

There are certainly ways to "have sex" without penile penetration. But if he's only in his 30's and already having chronic ED he needs to go consult with a urologist. 

First I would ask him to see a Physician.  My husband began to have intimacy issues, and we found out that he was borderline diabetic.  Change in diet = change in intimacy issues for the better.  My husband and I were able to talk about the change in intimacy, and that helped a lot.

• y

Stress can do that especially if there are money issues and such attached to them. Very common actually and you say he had a low drive to begin with. Being on the other side of that, I understand, and it sucks.

• ?

You are just not ringing his bell.