Nick asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

How can I get my dogs nails clipped while im in quarantine?

The reason I'm not clipping them myself is because he had very dark nails, and I can't see the quick. I cut his quick last time 

• ?

Call your Vet or some Vets, a vet tech will come to the car take your dog inside and bring it back, you can pay over the phone or they will take payment then.

You cut them yourself.

If you are really worried about clipping them yourself then buy some good emery boards and use the strongest side to file off a bit each day.   I use these on dogs that are a bit wary of clipping.   

You want the thick black type that they use in a nail bar..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DOUBLE-SIDED-FILES-SELLER...

• ?

buy clippers.....................

Like everyone says, call around. I hate doing nails myself. Got myself an electric nail file. Oddly enough even my nail-phobic old boy accepts it. If you go too far you might see some tiny beads of blood on the filed area but it isn't as dramatic as when you cut the quick with the clippers.

Groomers are open in my area.  Call a few places.  I will not trim my dogs' nails.  Both of them tend to panic.

• Maxi

Nsil clippers are sold in many pet shops and online......... nothing stops you getting some and DIY

• Amber

Do it yourself

Vets

mobile dog groomers

Use dog nail clippers.

Source(s): DUH!

Most people are learning to do it themselves, but I do believe that even if pet salons may be considered unnecessary, veterinarian offices do clip nails. Are the kids overdue for a general exam?