Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

My coworker quit?

I feel angry that she did not ask for my number before she quit so we could keep in touch. We even ate our lunches together and talked all the time. Why did she bother to talk to me while she was still here if she wasn't going to talk to me forever?

What if you discover that she just used you, never liked you, but ate and talked with you cause you were the best thing, instead of being alone and awkward. Would that be nice to know? - The point is, enjoy the moments of life as they are and accept as they go.

Maybe she, like me, likes to keep her work and social lives separate.  Away from work, I don't associate or spend any time with the people from work and I don't work with any of my friends.  I don't associate with anyone from any previous job.  She would have her own reasons for making the cut clean and complete.

• KTJoe

Maybe coworker was fired, left in a bitter way. Once things settle down she'll call you.  

That’s life for you. Just try to keep it professional and not get to attached or care what others think.  Try to keep the mind set you are just there to do your job. I do agree you should be friends with people where you work and problematic people should F off who disturb and destroy the peace and are a cancer to the other workers. I’ve had people like you literally where so nice to them and they treat you like dirt. And sit there in their offices all day talking trash about everyone and everything non stop everyday and there’s no winning with them and it’s never good enough. The whole company is that way I assume. Full of grown *** adult bullies.. A toxic environment like that.. I want nothing to do with.. I don’t want to be like them.. I don’t want their bad attitudes and mood and way of life rubbing off on me.. I don’t want anything to do with them. It was a mistake ever having worked there. If it’s important like you to be friends with people where you work.. Just keep looking for different jobs. If not just try to keep it professional. Is that their idea of being a boss?? Sitting there and talking trash about everyone and everything non stop 24/7.. Then when you don’t want to be around them and their toxicness and week mayham on your mood and well being.. Then they have the nerve to sit there and say and act like I’m the one with a bad personality when you don’t like them or want to talk to them or be around them.. Lol.. So fukced up and twisted.. Sure.. If that makes you feel better I guess right.. It ain’t true tho.. It’s like.. No.. Actually you pos are the ones with a bad attitude and personality and I don’t want nothing to do with you and people like you. You selfish selfish human scum pos... Mannn I hate people like them...  and then also.. When you sit down because you came to work.. And are trying to rest and prepare yourself because you thought you were going there to work.. Not talk.. So you are resting to try and make a good impression and be at your best when you do actually have to work.. If they did their job they’d realize I was the only one around and practically carried everyone else and did all their work.. While they all sat in the office tracking trash about everyone non stop.. Lol.. What fukced up.. Dirty dirty trashy people... Theb they say I’m the lazy one??? ARE YOU FUKCING KIDDING ME??? YOU GOD DAMN LIARS!!! IF YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING YOUR JOB YOU WOULD HACE KNOWN I WAS PRACTICALLY THE ONLY ONE DOING ALL THE WORK THERE!?!?!!! I might not be the most social.. Maybe under the right circumstances certainly not after they murdered my rep then say I’m the one with a bad personality and lazy.. Lol.. What fukced up people and situations... Hope they pay for that honestly. Then they keep you in a strangle hold and in a state of constant chaos and seige while they all gang up against you and take cheap shot after cheap shot after cheap shot.. And have put so much time and effort and huge amounts of manipulation and unfair unright treatment with huge amounts of backstabbing sabotaging blocking destroying chaos confusion and deception. 20 years of it and still do this day.. They are all going around dedicating their lives that basically revolve around destroying mine.. And then they try to sit there and convince themselves and everyone else that it’s all my fault.. And I’m crazy.. And I deserve it.. And they are the innocent victims.. And are doing a good deed.. And are all innocent.. And pure.. ARE YOU FUKCING KIDDING ME?!?!?!! OHH I HOPE YOU KOTGER FUKCERS PAY FOR THIS!!!

• ?

For all you know she could be a police officer or private investigator, sent there to determine if you are guilty of some heinous crime. She discovered you aren't, so was moved on to the next case.

Other than that you were just work buddies. It's rare to keep in contact with prior workmates once people move on to other places of employment. 

That's just how things are.

You were just a co worked, they come and go, if she thought you were the one for her she would have taken it further, move on and find someone else.

• ?

Workplace "friendships" are fleeting and the understanding going into them is that they're temporary. This is especially true if this is a job rather than a career situation. They're relationships of convenience and in most cases aren't meant to last forever. 

you could ask your job to call her and give her your number

Happened to before & it really takes time forgetting zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Alan H

What benefit will your anger produce?

These things happen.

Move on