Haven’t Worn Earrings in 10 Years?

I don’t want to get them repierced. I still feel the little bumps on my ears. What can I do to make the earrings hurt less when I put them in? They are pure sterling silver.

• ?

nope you need to have them redone

• ?

Follow Mrs. Frankenstein's advice and prepare for a little discomfort. You might want to get small "starter" type earrings that you can leave in night and day and redo the after-piercing care you did when they were first pierced.  Wearing small starters everyday that you can leave in and not worry about might be a good idea so the holes stay open and don't start closing over again. 

Source(s): Been there, done that, ouch. Had to treat the re-open holes like a new piercing for several months.
  • ?

You can use lube, a little Vaseline, or some neosporin to try and get them in. Try and push slowly. If nothing goes in, you can try for a few days/weeks to reopen the hole yourself, but if nothing happens, they are closed for good.