Jamie
Lv 7
Jamie asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 months ago

Where in the world is lamb stomach eaten ?

Update:

Thank you all  , and no I was not wanting or expecting you to say 'Scotland ' . I saw it at the halal meat counter in a British supermarket .

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It may be eaten in some Arab or Asian countries. Tripe, which is what it is called, was eaten in times of shortage such as in WW2, usually with onions. Nowadays most of the stomach, intestines, lungs etc of meat animals are used to make petfood.

• 1 month ago

In Palestine, Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, post soviet "stan"countries, we make sausages inside of lamb stomach

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably somewhere in the Middle east-not in the US. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Read all about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Most places they have lamb.

In America, muscle meat became a status symbol, a practice that we haven't gotten over yet. So we don't use the whole animal the way other places do to the point where eating lung is actually illegal, which is why haggis is.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Anywhere people eat every part of the animal - as we all should if we eat meat or it's wasteful of that animal's life.  You want me to say "Scotland" don't you?  Sadly nearly all haggis is made using either artificial casing or ox bung - neither of which are eaten.  Lamb tripe still eaten in parts of North Africa, the Middle East through to Pakistan.  It needs to be cooked for a long time to become tender.  Lamb belly which is not the stomach is a cut of meat.  It would not be good to confuse recipes for the two.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.