Pls pls help: Dryer not spinning but belt not broken?!?!?

I thought it was dryer idler pulley which i replace but it’s still not spinning, would it be the support rollers that I should replace?

Do you have a schit load of wet clothing in there?  Then take it out and see if it spins MT.  If it don't then you know you messed up with the dryer idler pulley which is under extreme spring tension.  It surprised me...as I had to make a tool to set the spring load.  Almost lost a finger.  Support rollers just hold up the drum. They do not do anything else.

• CB

Unfortunately a clothes dryer is shitsimple - can you turn the drum by hand? Do the support rollers move easily?  Is the belt tight and on the motor pulley? Open it up take it apart and start testing the few components that are responsible for the drum movement.  Tossing parts at it by guessing is not a solution.

I had the motor pulley break off once but since it was my first time the guts of the drier I didn't realize what the problem was - put the belt back on and it worked for a little then slipped off. Then I wised up found a picture of the motor pulley and realized my mistake and ordered the part. 

• Barry

Might the motor be kaput?