Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Does this mean the work is good or just that the university had disposable money?

I wrote a Thesis for my masters degree and got a distinction. My lecturer who has a PhD in IT said I should try and get it published and said the work was original. So I wrote a short version of it and the university paid for the paper to be presented at a conference held in another university in another country. They also paid for it to be published after it was peer reviewed for an open access journal. Does this mean the work is good or just that the university had disposable money?

Favorite Answer

Thatbyoubhad anything published in a peer reviewed journal is very good. You have no idea if that money cane from The university or a grant your thesis chairman hsd, do you? Maybe you should ask your adviser where or who that money came from.  A grant is not disposable income. That money came from somewhere.   

never look a gift horse in the mouth.