Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Do the royal family worry about their public image being sullied by any rehashing of the extramarital affairs of HM’s children ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the more the public accepts their amoral behaviour now, the more their future amoral behaviour will be considered normal and acceptable. Instead of it being condemned as unacceptable at the time, all we hear is 'well he is with his first true love now' and 'It's all water under the bridge' and 'he is so much happier now'. All of these things may be true but, at what cost. One dead ex wife, two children, damaged and still traumatised and the family itself, ridiculed and laughed at.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Sometimes the subject is revived by a biography, a television program---the subject is rehashed at Answers more than anywhere else by the obsessed and the troll. It's part of the historic record, but it is not all that the royals have done---more attention is paid to official works in the end.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm, sure HM would rather her children not had the divorces and 'extramarital affairs' they clearly have had, but people know they are only humans, who happened to be born into wealth and privilege.  That being the case, I don't think anybody loses any sleep over what's been going on, or not going on!    In fact, in some ways it might make the RF more normal?

For how long are the sins of the father going to be relevant in the eyes of the general public?

I happen to believe that Diana was a tragedy in the waiting and further, that one of her sons had been over-indulged (by her), making him into the damaged man he is today.  JMO.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

People who embark on extramarital affairs are rarely worried 

about what other people think, especially foreigners. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, especially this affair.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The main place it seems to get rehashed is on here.

Because everyone has moved on and even the gutter press and gossip magazines have found other things to print.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't think so. It happened, people moved on. You do have to feel sorry for the people fixated on this topic, maybe they don't have much of a private life of their own.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. It is all old news and nearly everyone seems to have settled down to make successful marriages second time around. It was a scandal when the Queen's sister divorced, but now when one in three marriages fail, and fewer couples actually marry, it really isn't a big deal. The Queen's children seem tame compared to those of King George III who gave him sixty illegitimate grandchildren.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.