Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

PA School Application ?

So I want to apply to PA school but I have no shadowing hours because of covid. However, I feel the rest of my application is strong and I'm applying in texas so most schools don't require shadowing hours but they help with the selection process.

I am currently a graduate student and am working as a caregiver to gain my patient care experience hours. I'm sitting at about 600 hours, my undergrad GPA was a 3.9 both overall and for my science courses. I have over 600 hours of volunteering and still actively am weekly. I also work as a Graduate Assistant for my program and am a first-generation college student from a low-income household.  I'm just unsure if I should spend the money to apply when I am lacking in this aspect of my application. On the other hand, I can't be the only applicant that is having this problem at this time. So should I just bite the bullet and try or is it not even worth it?

• MS

Give it a try.  You are a strong applicant, and you are correct in the fact that you are no the only one who cannot get shadowing experience.  You should be able to explain that in your application as well.  It sounds like you have a lot of other valuable experience that can be considered by the review committee.