Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How can I get my regular doctor to prescribe me antidepressants?

This week is a big week for me as I made an appointment with my regular doctor with the intent to address my depression. I’m really scared to actually open up and talk about it, so even when I made the appointment, I said it was because I was having back issues. I realize that was wrong and could ruin things, I was just really embarrassed and ashamed. Am I supposed to be honest on the paperwork I fill out at my appointment as well and say I am experiencing depression? This is all a bit daunting to me. I understand that I’m being stupid. I’m just really scared because I am so incredibly sick of feeling this way, every single day is a struggle and I’m not sure how much more I can take without help and I’m so scared that my doctor won’t be able to help me. It took me a long time to work up the courage to even make this appointment, and I’m so disappointed that I couldn’t even be honest with them and tell them the reason why I wanted to come in. 

I have done therapy, and my therapist thought that it was a good idea I look into taking medicine. We no longer talk, as we both realized therapy wasn’t too helpful. I never thought about seeing a psychiatrist because they’re so expensive. 

My mom was bipolar and took her life you ******* asshole. I don’t joke around about mental health nor do I lie about struggling with it. Having suicidal thoughts is a serious deal so I suggest you **** off you absolute piece of ****. You have quite the pair of balls to come on here sounding like an idiot and judging someone you’ve never met AND suggesting they are faking their illness. You’re sick. 

Favorite Answer

yea, I understand I totally get your situation just always have a goal in mind and stick to small tasks that don't overwhelm you too much. Ik it hard to always try to be positive. I look up positive quotes every day to keep me in a good mood and to start my day right. where I live psychiatrist and psychologist is free with health care so yeah but corona makes it hard to even see a doctor so truly I  get ur situation I hope your life becomes better and better and never give up.