Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

please I need help- I ended it with someone and now I have regret. Idk what to do. I know I have to accept reality, but it's so painful. ?

We were living together for 2 months and he didn't want to leave the city I was in so we were hanging out together every day. Then some drama happened and he needed to go home re-charge and figure out his next steps. He has mental health issues. However, everything was left up in the air on what would happen next between us. 

He wanted things to be a certain way (wanted me to not wait and live my life but still be there for each other and keep in contact) and I just wanted him to come back to where I was at. It's killing me that I never came outright and asked him to when I finally moved into a new place. I was scared of being vulnerable with the whole situation, but ultimately I thought coming back would fix things- I never asked. Maybe I was scared of rejection. 

However, we got into a big argument on Thanksgiving and I ended communication because I was frustrated with his stubbornness on the subject and how he couldn't see that I was confused and in pain. I wish I did it for the right reasons, but I'll admit I did it to get a reaction out of him. I think, however, that now it's just over for real. 

I've been going to therapy and I know I have to accept the reality that he is not the one for me and that him coming back wouldn't change anything, fix anything, or be so simple. Or maybe he wouldn't have wanted to come back. I deleted him off social media and now I have no idea what to do. I have a lot of regrets and don't know how to move on. I am afraid. 

• OTTO

Relax. It's not the end of the world. The end of the world is the end of the world.