Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

Remedies for headaches?

I have a really bad headache right now, I ate well and everything so I don’t understand why I have a headache. What’s The best remedies for a headache? 

Headaches can be caused by different things, and I don't know what your headache is caused by. If you have an ongoing headache, you should consult a doctor to see if there is an underlying issue. 

Though Headaches can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease. Examples include lack of sleep, an incorrect eyeglass prescription, stress, loud noise exposure, or tight headwear.

Noise. Extremely loud or prolonged sounds can trigger migraines and other headaches. Any loud noise — from a rock concert to a jackhammer — can set off head pain.

But if you get headaches just once in a while that go away, then you are probably fine. Maybe some Excedrin or a few Ibuprofen (but be careful not to mix medicine together). When I visited Wyoming, I went up a ski lift and was on a mountain, but when you go up a mountain, you are supposed to acclimate your body to the changing elevation, but I went straight up, and then later I found out how bad elevation sickness was, and had an excruciatingly painful headache with bloodshot eyes.

Per above, headaches can be caused by different things:

Getting an adequate amount of sleep is important (too little and too much can cause headaches in my experience). Too much caffeine can cause a headache, but if you are having caffeine withdrawal symptoms, you can also get a headache, so considering limiting caffeine consumption. Drink just a little in the morning, if you need it to help you with mental alertness, but try to limit it, by consuming less of it. Coffee can be a good thing, but it does positive and negative things... one of the negative things is deplete your brain's store of Tyrosine and Phenylalanine.

Per the web (www.spartan.com):

Chronic caffeine use can deplete the brain's stores of tyrosine and phenylalanine, two amino acids which act as building blocks for dopamine and adrenaline.

Sometimes the change of barometric (atmospheric) pressure can cause headaches.... like changing from very hot to very cold.

Healthline.com says:

Researchers saw a connection between an increase in medication sales and changes to barometric pressure. From this, the researchers concluded that a decrease in barometric pressure causes an increase in the incidence of headaches. The barometric pressure doesn't have to change drastically to cause headaches, either.

As another user suggested: drinking a lot of water (if you have a headache due to dehydration). Coffee is a natural diuretic and laxative (so it makes you lose water), and soda contains a lot of syrup --- so consider using something else that has more water in it or just water itself. Certain teas also contain caffeine. Ingesting a little salt, helps to retain the water in your body -- and a little salt should not cause hypertension, which is caused by the excess of salt intake... however the body does not some salt.

www.health.qld.gov.au says:

Your body uses salt to balance fluids in the blood and maintain healthy blood pressure, and it is also essential for nerve and muscle function.

Sugar-related headache:

www.healthline.com:

Low blood sugar may cause a general headache or even a migraine. A headache may be dull in nature and throb around your temples. You may also feel nausea with a headache or migraine caused by hypoglycemia.

^  If you need a little bit of sugar, then use a little. Just note that moderation is good, but the overuse of even good things, can become a negative. For example, Vitamins and Minerals are vitally important for the body, but overdosing on these substances can create negative effects. The body is a machine, and even a car, has substances which are vital for its performance, like the need for oil, but too much oil can cause engine stalling and misfire.

I usually take Ibuprofen and drink loads of water