Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

what are some Christian books that brought you to your knees?

• F

My Mum had this massive Bible when I was a kid. It would have brought me to my knees if I’d have tried to pick it up.

“The Sovereignty of God,” by Arthur W. Pink.  Penned in 1918. 236 pages and about $7 on Amazon. Changed the course of my life.

• Marli

The Gospel of John

In His Steps

• Amber

None at all. It's interesting to read about religion and human belief systems but that's all it is - a belief and that doesn't make any of it real.

• Zac Z

Any book will bring you to your knees - if you try to carry too many copies at the same time (except, now, if you have the ebook edition!).

.

On a more serious note, even when I was a Christian there wasn't any book that brought me to my knees.

• Cogito

What do you mean by a "Christian" book?  One written about Christianity? Written by a Christian?  I don't understand.

Also, brought me to my knees in what sense?  Made me feel humble? Made me kneel in despair at the terrible content?  Made me laugh so much that I collapsed onto my knees?  Clarification would be helpful!

None at all that I can recall. 

• j153e

Tortured for Christ;

Eyes of the Tailless Animals

The Abolition of Man;

The Great Divorce;

The Following of Christ;

A Christmas Carol;

George Muller:  The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans;

Silver Packages;

Blood Letters:  The Untold Story.