Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Do realtors usually charge to speak to a seller?

I'm looking to sell my home and I found a realtor that I knew from high school.  I started reminiscing with her about it and she stopped me mid-sentence and said if I keep speaking she will add charges onto my bill for time to listen to me.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Is this the best real estate troll post you could come up with?  

• 2 months ago

Troll..........................................

• 2 months ago

Realtors are paid a % of the actual sale price. Some feel they're worth more. There are enough good ones working on the % which would be sufficient for me to use.

• 2 months ago

No they do not.  Not a good agent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Having a friend is nice, but it's not a great idea to mix business and friendship. She could give you some advice but if your conversation lasts long, she deserves to get some money for the consultation.

You could also try some real estate apps, say, Homesnap, Apartments.com, Realestate.com.au, Naked Apartments, etc. Here are more details https://agilie.com/en/blog/secrets-to-help-you-bui...

Those solutions can help you clarify all issues you have and find the property you want.

• 2 months ago

She was reminding you that her time is valuable, and this is strictly business right now, not old friends catching up over coffee. You were unprofessional, and disrespected her work-time. But realtors work on commission from the proceeds of sale. 

• 2 months ago

common practice in trollville.

• R P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, that's how business is conducted in Trollville.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course not.  Find a different realtor.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don’t think so. They work on commission. They get a certain percentage based on how much she sold the house for. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.