Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 2 months ago

Is the seller a scam? ?

So I purchased this bag on the app and the seller provided the tracking number . 

It says the package was delivered in my mailbox on November 21st but I never got the package.I asked the seller which address she sent to, and it was the correct address..Seller is saying that she uses different address because it’s not safe(?) So I filed missing mail form on usps website.Is this seller a scam? What could I do about this? 

I used venmo transaction

• keerok

If you paid this by credit card, call the bank and ask for a refund. Tell them you never received the item. There will be paperwork but at least you get your money back.

Yes, definitely, the best online store sites allow you to inspect the item first before they release your payment to the seller. Otherwise it's a huge gamble. Nothing much you can do if you get scammed.

Just tell the seller you want either the item or a refund.

If it's done via a marketplaces site, report the missing item on there as well.

The seller has a legal obligation to ensure safe delivery to you. If you don't get it, you have a right to demand a refund.

(They cannot blame the shipping service, as in law the shippers work for them for that transaction - and the seller is responsible for shipping errors).

Any decent payment service should have an option to report a fraudulent transaction - if it does not, you should not be using it...

• ?

If you didn't purchase your item using an escrow service like PayPal you're out of your money you're not getting your money back unless there is an escrow service involved this is why I never ever purchase items off of the internet unless there is a third party escrow service involved