Trump said poll watchers are sacred in this country. Do you agree?

Sacred describes something that is dedicated or set apart for the service or worship of a deity

Favorite Answer

I've been an elections officer in Calgary for almost every election at all jurisdictional 

levels since 1996.  I've worked a municipal election in which there were 23 candidates for mayor.  I've seen all manner of things tried.  

I don't think "poll watchers" are "sacred", but they're very important to maintaining the legitimacy of the electoral process.  In Canada,they're volunteers, & are called "scrutineers".  Each party or candidate is allowed a tagged representative who may observe all parts of the process down through the final count.  They may challenge electors or ballots they believe may be invalid for any reason.  Most challenges are dealt with immediately on site to the satisfaction of the scrutineer & elections officers.  Others can be held for final ruling by a judge.  

Orange Fraud is completely out of his F-ing mind if he seriously thinks any sort of

illegal activity occurs in a polling station.  It's a true tragedy that his nonsense is tolerated.  He spits in the face of every elections worker, every scrutineer & every elector.  We all take our responsibilities seriously - obviously a damned sight more seriously than he does.  But then we all knew he's not exactly "top drawer", or even middle, for that matter, didn't we?  

He's just trying to say they have an important job but clearly people act like it's no big deal and have no respect for anything 

• Kathy

I do not agree with anything he says.