When a guy says “Don’t wait for me” because he is really busy, is he just looking out for me or is he uninterested?

This guy I have been hanging out with and talking to for a little while told me that his schedule is very busy and he will not be able to see me as much as he’d like. He told me that he really likes me a lot and really enjoys spending time with me and will try his best to see me when he can, but he doesn’t want me to put my life on hold because of him. So he said he would understand if I wanted to see other people. Is he just genuinely looking out for me or is this just an excuse to get rid of me because he is uninterested?

He's turning you down gently. The best solution is to just move on, don't hang onto a guy that doesn't want you. 

I'm so sorry girl... I'm in a similar situation. Only difference is he isnt telling me how he feels. He is just being distant. Try matching his energy. Do not put in too much effort anymore. give him space. if he wants you he will miss you and reach out. If something changed he would try to see you still. I dont understand why men lose feelings over nothing. Good luck xx

Honey, its as clear as day that he just isn't that interested in you. Period. He's trying to let you down gently and politely. End of story.