Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

What law did Congress make that allowed prayer in schools? There never was a "law" made by congress. This is such a stretch, it's pathetic;?

Update:

xxx000au -- Unless there is a law made by the US congress regarding the establishment of a religion, there is no violation of the Constitution. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It was part of the culture at that time. America use to be a Christian Country. No one would of ever questioned a person praying in school. But those days are gone.... If there was a law requesting it or allowing it, it was done on a state level. Though I am unaware of any law.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

School is a place of learning.  So not prayer.

State & church are separate.

• 2 months ago

You don't have to have a law to allow something.

If the school does it they do it. If its not suited to you,  the school should not be forcing it onto you,  doing so is breaching your right to religious freedom. 

Equally I would ask,  if you are looking after one mans religious beliefs,  why not the others beliefs.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think most people after WW2 thought god was real more than today . I can understand that . Hitler probably lost faith in God .

If one has a computer and thinks Skydaddy exist they're  probably using DOS still or AOL dial Up . 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

There was no law. Kids prayed in school. It's been illegal since the 1960s. Thanks, Pinkos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.