Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Do they have to sanatize police/jail equipment before using it for inmates?

Like habdcuffs/leg shackles?

Especially now with Covid. I was in jail last weekend and was cuffed ad shackles going there and to court and just worried if they were sanatized 

Chyeah right. It's prison not Buckingham Palace. As a general rule criminals are always treated like crap by society not like royalty.

Of course they do.

• Bruce

That would be a matter of each jail's policy. My county jail sanitized their equipment between uses even before COVID. 

That's part of the problem - last I knew of - NO, and they don't!

That is why I feel all activity should be halted until they prove they can and will - PLUS keep social distancing in jails/prisons in ALL situations! (That's ALL inmates AND ALL workers - NO exception NO MATTER WHAT!).

Is that so? Funny since all the jails and courts that hadn't already switched to disposable plastic zip-ties made the switch because of COVID-19. 

As for shackles, unless you have some bizarre fetish where you suck on the cloth at the ankles of your pantlegs right after they've been touched by someone else, then I guess you're just going to have to risk the less the 4% chance of an infected person exposing you to a 0.1% risk of COVID-19 being transferred from infected person to hand to shackle to fabric to hand to mucus membrane and through mucus membrane, so that's a 0.004% or a 4 in 100,000 risk. Sorry. That's if you actually were in jail, which you obviously weren't because of not knowing about the zip-tie thing.