Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Should I keep savings on my bank account or home?

I would keep my savings in my account, just to be safe on the safe side, nevertheless though, if i had to I would withdraw some of those savings, like say if it was time for me to make a big ticket item purchase like say a car a house  or an apartment or even a vacation I would do that then.

• Scott

If something happens to your money at home you have no recourse. Money kept in a bank is insured.

Home, so thieves can break in and steal the dollars.  Home, so that if the house catches on fire, the fire will burn brighter with your money going up in smoke.

If you keep it in a small safe at home, it won't burn and your friends won't know about it unless you brag. I keep a fair amount at home as the 1/10% or less paid by banks today isn't worth putting it in there.

Keep some spending money at home, but nearly all the rest belongs in a bank, where it's insured by the federal government (if you're in the US).

Burglaries, robberies, fires, friends or family members who feel entitled to "borrow," and lots more could happen to cash kept at home.

• Robin

Buy real estate 

Given low interest rates, at home.

Keep it in the bank because your house can burn down or get robbed.

I keep most of mine in a bank account. I rarely use greenbacks.