Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Should I keep savings on my bank account or home?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would keep my savings in my account, just to be safe on the safe side, nevertheless though, if i had to I would withdraw some of those savings, like say if it was time for me to make a big ticket item purchase like say a car a house  or an apartment or even a vacation I would do that then.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If something happens to your money at home you have no recourse. Money kept in a bank is insured.

• 2 months ago

Home, so thieves can break in and steal the dollars.  Home, so that if the house catches on fire, the fire will burn brighter with your money going up in smoke.

• 2 months ago

If you keep it in a small safe at home, it won't burn and your friends won't know about it unless you brag. I keep a fair amount at home as the 1/10% or less paid by banks today isn't worth putting it in there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Keep some spending money at home, but nearly all the rest belongs in a bank, where it's insured by the federal government (if you're in the US).

Burglaries, robberies, fires, friends or family members who feel entitled to "borrow," and lots more could happen to cash kept at home.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Buy real estate 

• 2 months ago

Given low interest rates, at home.

• 2 months ago

Keep it in the bank because your house can burn down or get robbed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I keep most of mine in a bank account. I rarely use greenbacks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.