Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 2 months ago

Where to find/have made a music box? ?

Hi everyone! I have tried searching through Google like crazy and figured I'd ask on here. 

Does anyone know where I can find or have someone make a music box of the theme from Disney's Carousel of Progress, "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". On etsy I've only seen where they will make a sheet to go through the box, but I want the box all self contained. No paper or anything like that. 

Thanks in Advance! 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • steve
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There currently is an eBay item for sale titled --

'Disneyland Resort Sleeeping Beauty Castle Snowglobe Music Box Beautiful Tomorrow' that may suit your desires. (UPC 400003906666)

Given the above, it would appear Disney (or someone) previously had such a music box cylinder made with the melody you're wanting.   You could contact Disney merchandising and see if it's possible to get this music box mechanism elsewhere.

Otherwise, I'd first suggest contacting the Nidec Sankyo Corporation (as they already have more than 10,000 song arrangements for music box) and ask if they have a mechanism with 'There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow' and go from there. They can also do custom cylinders.

You can have custom music box melodies made, but it's very expensive, plus you have to license any music.     

See (for example, though I'm sure there are numerous other options) --

Herz Fine Music Boxes -- Custom Tunes

MusicHouseShop (or TheMusicHouse) -- Custom Mechanisms

BetterMusicBoxes -- Custom Tunes

OneTinyShop -- Custom Tune Service

OnlyOneMusicBox -- Custom Tune Music Box

Musical-Movement.net -- Custom Music Box

(And if money is no object)

The Richard Laidler Music Box (see on YouTube)

You've probably already seen options for a 'digital music box' --

MusicBoxMelodies

MusicBoxAttic -- Custom Tunes

Or 

TaborMusicBox

Unfortunately, after listening to a 72, 100 or 144-note Reuge music box, an 18-note music box sounds underwhelming.   I hope you find something that will satisfy your question.

• 2 months ago

Search google for "Muro Box" and look for the indiegogo link.

That is a fully programmable music box, that can play anything.

Or if you have or know someone with a 3D printer, you can create your own classic style music box mechanism with any tune you like.

Search "Parametric Music Box" on Thingiverse for that.

[I can't include links or the answer is hidden - possibly as a way to restrict the spammers on the site].

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.