Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Is it illegal for a 18 year old to screw a 17 year old?

Let's say the guy turned 18 on December 4 and the girl turns 18 on December 9, in those 5 days is it illegal to them to have sex?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That depends entirely on the state, providence, country, or territory that you reside in. I live in the state of Alabama. The age of consent here is 16. The only reason I know that is because, right after my sister turned 16 and got her drivers license, she lied to our mom about spending the night with a girl friend from her school over a three month period. Later on, we found out that she had a 38 year old boyfriend that she was screwing. When he broke up with her she tried to scream rape to get revenge on him but fortunately, the police told her that she had 24 hours to report rape if that were the case. She later admitted to us that they looked up the age of consent together and that they both had consensual sex on multiple occasions. This entire situation made me second guess just about every rape victims story.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If the age of legal sexual consent where they live is 18 then yes, it would technically be illegal for them to have sex during those 5 days.  Incredibly stupid but that's just how the laws work.  However, if the age of consent is 17 or less, or if there are specific provisions in the law for such a small spread of ages like that, then it would be legal.

• 2 months ago

Not likely the guy would be charged with any offense.  In most US States the age of consent is 17 or below, and on the few states that use 18 as the age of consent only

California does not have a close age exemption written into the law.  However ... even in California the prosecutor must agree to bring charges.  I just don't see pursuing charges in a case like this to be in the prosecutor's best interest politically speaking.

• 2 months ago

Why would it be? 

Regarding the other comments, BOTH OF THEM ARE MINORS. Otherwise, both could go to the bar in five days, but neither can. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Only in the eleven US states where the age of consent is 18.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

In Muslim countries female children are executed for claiming they were were raped

• 2 months ago

Check your state laws. In Indiana the age of consent is 16, as long as it is not with a jailer or teacher.  There is also a 3 yrs difference rule, but I do not remember the particulars. Laws can differ between states, they should include sex laws in sex education .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends on the jurisdiction. It would be totally legal in all European countries for example.

• 2 months ago

That would depend on the laws in the specific jurisdiction where these people are.

Your failure to specify a state/province/country makes a specific answer impossible.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no                               .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.