Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

how to tell someone to stop contacting me?

we've been friends for a short amount of time and has helped me a lot when I was going through something that time. One day i decided to handle things on my own and cut my communication with him all of sudden w/o telling the reason to sort myself. and since then i stopped responding to his messages and calls. It's been 1 year and from time to time he still tries to message me and i always ignore him. after that he stopped messaging for a long time too but recently he's trying to call me again all of a sudden. and im kinda feeling uncomfortable. I can block him but i feel like its a band aid solution i really want to tell him to stop contacting me for good. i dont know how to say it without sounding rude. 

i know its probably my fault. i want to let him think that im a jerk so he wont contact me anymore. that why i did those things. 

thank you for your honest response. i really needed that. his friend told me that he is starting to like me and warned me to decide to if he has a chance or not, i was just out of relationship that time thats why i felt like i lost it when i learned it and went MIA. i really just think of him as a friend. i was kinda immature i admit

Just tell him you appreciate what he did for you but you don't think he is the guy for you, that you don't have those feelings for him. 

If I were you, I’d admit to him that at the time you ghosted him you were going through a lot and handled it very immaturely, that you really appreciated his help and you’re truly sorry. Then, tell him that you’re happy to be friends but don’t want to give him the wrong idea by staying in contact too much. Unfortunately there is no nice way to tell someone to leave you alone for good.. you would have to block him if that’s what you want 

so you asked for help, and once you got it, you decided to cut him off for no reason? that's actually kinda rude...

trying to seem like a jerk so he won't talk to you anymore actually backfires as they try to find out why even more. it's just rude. you should be straight up and honest so he can move on. stop stringing him along with childish games. 

with words, duh

Block any possible contact & send him the message zxjqkpr

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

stop being a coward.Knowing how to tell someone, you just want to be friends also will help you become more assertive in your decision making.  Tell someone you just want to be friends by looking him in the eye and saying just that, 

If you want only a friendship at best, and he wants a relationship, I would politely inform him that you have no romantic feelings toward him and probably never will.

• ?

You were rather callous to end things so abruptly.

Why not apologise , say thank you for all the help, 

but now you want to move on?

P ussy- .....    The easiest way to get a guy to stop contacting you is to say "Don't contact me anymore".   WTF would I want to waste time on someone who doesn't want anything to do with me?   BUT, you'd better be 100% sure you don't want him to contact you anymore because I know I wouldn't, even if she is just playing hard to get.   If you want to end it, end it.   If you want to play games, that's ending it too for lots of guys.

You've already been incredibly rude to this person, so why not just give him the closure he's probably looking for?