Do I need a conveyancer too?

My house/freehold etc is being transferred to my soon to be ex wife. She has a conveyancing solicitor. Do I need a conveyancer too?

4 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    If there is no disagreement between you, it is possible to use one solicitor and share the cost.  All he is doing is making sure the Land Registry records are updated.  But if you have a mortgage, you absolutely need your own solicitor because ex-wife will have to refinance to get you off the loan.  That closing must be done together with the transfer as the owner and borrower names have to match in the UK.  Mess that up and you could find yourself paying ex-wife's mortgage for the next 20 years.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    No.  Your divorce solicitor should suffice.

  • 2 months ago

    No, you don't need a solicitor, provided you want to do the legal work yourself.

    I assume that isn't the case, so, then, yes, you need a solicitor.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    To look after your own legal transfer, obviously you do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.