Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 3 months ago

6 boys take part in a relay event each boy runs 3/4 of a mile , how far do they run altogether ? please help , thanks ?

In my head I just multiplied 0.25 by 6 and took the answer away from 6. Took about 4 seconds.

For speed always do the easiest sums possible.  It takes longer for me to multiply 0.75 by 6 than to do it the way I did.

• 4 1/2 miles.  6 x 3/4 equals 4.5

• .

# of boys x distance run by each = total distance OR distance run by boy + distance run by boy + distance run by boy + (add distance for each boy who ran) = total distance run (very basic math problem).

.

Your question belongs in Education & Reference>Homework Help OR Science & Mathematics>Mathematics as it's currently in Sports>Running and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

Take 3/4 mi and add it six times, one time per boy.  So you have 3/4 + 3/4 + 3/4 + 3/4 + 3/4 + 3/4 = 18/4 miles.

You don’t know how to multiply 6 * 3/4 or 6 times .75.