?
? asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers Β· 2 months ago

Why are notifications not showing?

Whenever I try to view notifications that would enable me to view questions I've asked and answered (when someone gives a thumbs up), it says "Oops, something went wrong". I refreshed the page a few times but it's still not showing. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Favorite Answer

Notifications have been glitching for a year. If on a mobile, switch to desktop mode to see if that helps. If in desktop on a mobile, switch to mobile. Some of us have not seen any notifications for many months.

• (Workaround)

Maybe the error is caused by some notifications content (special characters in username, question, or something else).

I noticed my wife's account was not affected as mine at the same moment (she's not very active on YA and receive very few new notifications).

When the error occurs, try to upvote for one of your previous answers, it makes notifications working again.

It's worse than that, now trying to get into my notifications got me four 'oops something went wrongs' in a row.

YA SUX.

• ?

It may be Broken until Yahoo Restores it you may not be able to Access itΒ 

• .

I experience that all the time, but refreshing the page (sometimes multiple times) has never failed to resolve the issue.Β 

• susan

I had the same problem yesterday, yahoo is gltching badly, and someday it works fine and another day it doesn't. It will probaby work tomorrow.