Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

How would you take this comment from my husbands friend? ?

I am just trying to see if maybe I’m being a little sensitive. But it seems like this particular friend that used to have respect for me some reason has slowly started to make comments here and there about me or our relationship and I’m wondering if my husband may be part of the reason and I just don’t know It? We just switched to a King sized bed and my husband texted his friend a picture of it with me on it. His friend says, “now you can sleep even further away from each other 😂 jk looks good”. Like what the hell does that even mean? It’s like he is implying my husband and I don’t like each other in the first place and now can sleep even further apart? I just don’t understand this comment joke or not. Am I just over thinking it? It seems like this friend like to do this often. For example I make a charcuterie board on thanksgiving and then he pulls out his and makes one and sends it to my husband right after? Like I’m confused on if this guy just feels competitive against us or just really doesn’t respect/like me anymore.

• ?

OMG, you must be fun at parties. If these are the only examples you have, yes, you're almost certainly being overly sensitive. There's got to be more to this story for you to be upset by these minor things. 

You lost me on your husband txting his friend a photo of your new bed with you on it. Sorry, that just seems so weird to me that it nearly requires a sarcastic response. I had no idea that a flushed out hors d'oeuvre platter held such proprietary status as to make it a "competition" if others do the same. I received a DOZEN photos of Thanksgiving Spreads from friends and family and I seriously doubt that anyone was competing at all.  Pictures of Pies from folks I hardly know!  My husband makes pies. He wasn't insulted. Just sharing what we all have to give Thanks for. Try that mind set. Since there isn't anything WRONG happening, try being happy. It can go a long way. 

Yes, I think you are over thinking and also... well... women wanting to dissect and "understand" what men and their male friends talk about, do, think etc?  Road to madness. It's okay if you don't understand what your husband's male friends and he say to each other. 

• RP

He may be the type of person who delights in outrageous or controversial comments. Don't give him fodder for his foolishness. Ignore it and him.

• ?

The first joke, was just supposed to be funny, it would be based on your own husbands comments to his friend. Or, based on the stereotype BS of being married.

The second, would be for bragging rights and such, a competition, but not with you, one the meats and such.

• ?

His friend is jealous of you. Is he gay for your husband? I have seen that happen before. Yes the friend was a closeted gay man, he did this to my sis. Then he finally came out, and seldom contacts them any more.