Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why would a guy who has a gf be talking to another woman every single day?

And I mean texting, calling everyday. He said they're just friends and they have alot in common and she's fun to talk to...to me it sounds like emotional affair...

Honestly... If he's your bf YOU should be the one he talks to every single day and night. You should confront him and tell him that you want him to talk to you in that manner since you guys are dating and should be enjoying each other's company more than anybody else's. You can also ask to see his phone and texts with the other women just to calm down any suspicions you have, if he says no, then you have your answer, something sus is going on between them. 

Quite honestly, I would say that one or both of you are friends with benefits to him.

yeah, something fishy going on there. 

Well, lucky for you there is no such thing as an emotional affair.  It's a completely made-up term, just like micro-cheating or unconscious bias.

That's right, there's no such thing.  When a guy agrees to be in an 'official' relationship, he agrees that doing certain things with other girls is off limits.  Those certain things include kissing, caressing, nuzzling, fondling, feeling, groping, stimulating, titillating, licking, sucking, f**king, 69-ing, grinding, humping, sodomizing and other forms of naughty-naughty activity with other girls.  The list also includes conspiring to commit any of the above.

What the list does not include, however, is talking.  Or texting, or enjoying her company in any normal social (non-sexual) way.  He's even allowed to think about her and like it.

If you can't handle those rules, you've got no business getting into a relationship with anyone.

A Guy/Girl who truly loves their partner will keep their friendships with the opposite sex to a certain limit. If he calls/texts through out the day then I don't feel he truly loves his GF specially after knowing the friendship is bothering his GF. Not like, He cannot have female friends but your partner comes first and friendships need to be balanced out.

Honestly that's a reason to be suspicious, but not a reason to accuse. If you want to wait for a reason to confront him, do it. If you think the suspicion in of itself is weighing on your mind too much, dump him. 

It could just be that they're very close friends. I'm a woman with a boyfriend who texts and calls my male best friend every day myself and honestly I think it might bother him sometimes, but I do my best to assure him that nothing like that is going on and we've known each other since we were 12. I'd say a red flag is if you were to ask him about it in a non-confrontational way and he gets really dismissive and angry. I care about how my boyfriend feels, so I do my best to put him at ease as long as he trusts me in the end and you should expect the same from your boyfriend. I wouldn't suggest going through his phone or anything though that's an invasion of privacy and I'm not guilty of cheating but that would be an insta-dump for me. Unless you have real reason to think he's cheating on you, you need to respect his privacy.

Ask him to show you the texts. If he won't - there's your answer.

Most men aren't monogamous.