Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

Getting my nipples pierced today (maybe) ADVICE PLS? ?

1. can i have some advice on how to stay calm? 

2. Men... is this a deal breaker? The guy im with now would love them, but we are seeing each other temporarily 

3. I sleep on my stomach and im not sure how to make sure i sleep on my side

4. any other advice? 

I just got them done today :) My week has been busy but i still found the time to go in. Everything went well. Thank you for your advice! 

Favorite Answer

1. can i have some advice on how to stay calm? EAT FOOD BEFORE YOU GO. About a half hour before, eat something. And just breath. Your piercer will be able to calm you down. What always helps me is thinking about my new ink or piercing when it's all healed and pretty. 

2. Men... is this a deal breaker? The guy im with now would love them, but we are seeing each other temporarily - I'm not a guy, but it's YOUR BODY. Your body, your boobs, your choice, end of story.

3. I sleep on my stomach and im not sure how to make sure i sleep on my side - I would tell my clients to wear a loose cotton sports bra or t-shirt bra to help with sleeping for the first week to two weeks, and so they don't get snagged on PJ tops or sheets. DO NOT use bandaids to keep them in place or tape them down in anyway. They still have to breathe and heal, and tightly wrapping them will NOT help at all. Even in the first 24-48 hours, if the client could, I would tell them to wear a loose t-shirt or hell, even be topless the whole entire first day or two to help with the healing. 

4. any other advice?- CLEAN THEM and be careful. Do not use antibacterial soap under ANY circumstances, only a solution of sea salt and warm water. Clean them after you shower and after any sports or sex. DO NOT allow anyone to touch them other than yourself with CLEAN hands. NO NIPPLE PLAY DURING SEX AT ALL UNTIL THEY ARE HEALED!

And respect the healing time. These could take 6 months to a full year to heal correctly. Do not jump the gun and change out the jewelry in a month because they "don't hurt" anymore. You can change out the longer bars in about 2-3 months to shorter ones, but that's IT. You need to be patient. The more persistent you are with cleaning and keeping them healed and healthy, the better they will heal and the sooner you can change them out to cute jewelry. 

ADDED:  Hope you will add to your question and let us know how it went - - - YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THEM !!!!!!

For sleeping:  you want them exposed to air whenever possible, but to prevent rubbing them -like while you sleep- you can put a bandage/pad over them.

This is just personal preference:  pierced nips of any kind are a turn-on for me . .  but I sort of think that rings are OK on guys, but girls should stick with short barbells.  No one should find little barbells offensive - and if they do, you wouldn't like them anyway !!

Best advice:  don't do it.  Yours is a truly bad idea.