What part of the Bible should I study?

I want to start reading the Bible again.  I've read the whole New Testament and parts of the old Testament which I find a little confusing.  What parts should I start to read again to grow closer to God?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,

• Mr.K
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

2 Timothy 3:16-17 provides the answer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

New testament first! The new testament especially revelations was written for our Generation.Many prophecies for our time are written in there as well. Then read old testament

• 2 months ago

Jesus instructed His Apostles to teach only what He Himself taught for 3.5 years while on earth: The Gospels of Mark(except 16:9-20) and Matthew. Genesis is good background.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Simple.  Sermon on the mount, (Mt. 5-6-7), James, Parables, Proverbs.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The entire thing, begin with the book of Genesis and ask God to reveal His truth to you.  If you are a Christian, you will desire to make the entire Bible a life long study.

• 2 months ago

Matthew********

• 2 months ago

That depends on whether you are a Christian or not. And, given that lots of people think they are Christians when they never have yet come to saving faith in Christ Jesus, your best plan would be to read a part that deals with that matter of primary importance. I suggest you start at the opening verse of John's gospel, read it right though in one go. Then read the book of Romans, from the start till the end of chapter 8. Once you get right just who Jesus is, and what He did for you, then you will see what the only right response is. That will cause you to become a Christian, and as you then read the rest of the Bible, it will all make sense to you - in the light of the resurrected Christ.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Holy Bible is not suitable for presumed scholars, it is well revealed by God to his faithful believers, filled with humility!

That's why out there you're full of confusion, haven't you read God's word carefully and meditation?

To Want and To Have?

Before reading the sacred scripture, for those who do not know, you must first pray to God, 20/30 minutes a day, after the prayer will open the Bible, and you will see that every meaning will be easier for you to understand, because God himself will put before you, all the knowledge of his word, described in the Holy Bible.

Then, you will open the Bible at random, and God will reveal Himself, He will make you open where He wishes to tell you a message.

Then you will ask God to know what is the true religion to follow, according to His will, God himself will make you know the people you will have to follow. You must ask God for questions that you will find useful to have the proof, what you have asked, and you will have His precise confirmation, according to your request.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Start at the beginning, go all the way through and when you get to the end, stop.

Source(s): Then reflect that you won't get that time back again.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.