Is Anaphylactic Swelling Painful?

I have swelling in my hand but I'm not allergic to anything that I'm aware of

Although it isn't painful, my hand is tender to the touch and I'm just wondering if this could maybe be an allergic reaction to either the pills I'm taking or the anti-inflammatory patch I'm using (I already had an injury on my wrist, but now my hand is swelling)

P.S. I am going to the doctor tomorrow if the swelling isn't gone by then, this is just to get some insight for now

*Apologies for using 'Anaphylactic' incorrectly

I just meant swelling caused by an allergic reaction

What I want to actually know, however, is whether if the allergic reaction of swelling is usually painful or not

• Tavy

Most probably the patch. Take it off and see if it improves.

That's not anaphylactic swelling.  Anaphylaxis is life threatening and involves the closing of your throat and airway, to the point where you need an epi pen and immediate emergency care.  What you are referring to is a severe allergic reaction, for which you could use benadryl to calm down.  BTW, If you had actual anaphylaxis, you would not be able to get on the internet much less breathe.