why didnt trump get the credit he deserve for the treaties in the middle east ?

the middle east was on a stalemate since the 90s.  suddenly countries meet and sign treaties that no one expected and what happened ? people act as if it never happened.       

can anyone explain it to me ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • elijah
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe if there hadn't been a pandemic going on, or if he had accomplished these things earlier, they would have had more political impact.  But when the US is reeling from a pandemic which Trump's mismanagement exacerbated, the fact that one of our allies normalized relations with some countries which it wasn't particularly hostile with didn't mean a whole lot. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm not privy to trump brokering treaties in the middle east. I know he escalated hostilities by withdrawing f/ the Iran deal. Other foreign affair action included withdrawing the US f/ the Paris Accord. He's far more given to blame than credit.

• !
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because trump didnt actually do anything. Relations between UAE and israel were already friendly, trump just got them to sign a formalisation of the existing relationship at the white house to drum up support prior to the election. If trump REALLY wanted to do some good in the middle east, he would use the ongoing weapons trade agreement with the UAE to put pressure on them to curtail the numerous human rights violations still going on in the country. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The guy dumped on the press constantly, coined the term fake news...

Yeah lets give the guy who craps on us all the time the good press.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Because the “treaties” aren’t worth the paper they are written on. They were just photo ops for Trump, like most things he does. What kind of cr*ppy Middle East peace treaty doesn’t include Iran, Syria, Egypt and Turkey?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.