Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

My coworker doesn't talk to me anymore?

We used to talk before I said something to her. We both started at nearly the same time. We even took our breaks and lunches together. Then I asked her if she could give me a ride. Ever since then, she doesn't talk to me anymore. I think I freaked her out with what I said. And in front of me, she says hi to everyone except me. She puts her headphones while working and I tried to talk to her, and she said, "What? I'm sorry I didn't hear you. Talk to me really loud." She seems scared of me. The only times she talks to me, is when she tells me, "You need to come get your go-backs!"

Maybe wasn’t really a friend

• Foofa

You can't drop a line like "I think I freaked her out with what I said" and then not tell us what that thing was and expect a reasonable answer. Yes, if you said something grossly inappropriate it's quite possible your coworker is too freaked out to talk to you. 

i would just leave her alone

Your coworker was caught off guard and perhaps a little irritated when you asked for a ride, seemingly out of the blue.  She simply doesn't want to give you anymore rides.  Did you offer her some money for gas or give her a gift card letting her know you appreciated the ride?  If you didn't, this is probably the problem.

If you want to know why you co-worker is no longer speaking with you and her current behavior confuses you, ask her directly. Only she can explain her choice.

• Marcus

People can be total ricks, can't they?

People just stop talking to me most of the time or seem scared of me too. People are strange. I wouldn't worry about it. but to be honest maybe she thought you were using her by giving you a ride. Again she could've just said no if she thought she was being "used" so who knows