Is there a breakdown of what percentage of military votes went to Trump vs. Biden?

After elections, we always see breakdowns like 12% of blacks voted for Trump, etc.

Do we know the breakdown of how many military voters voted for Trump in 2020 vs. 2016?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Exit polling from Edison Research (which surveyed voters who cast ballots in person and by mail) indicated that military and veteran voters were more supportive of Trump (52 percent) than Biden (45 percent).

Both of those numbers echo results of a Military Times poll released last month, which showed a 52-42 split among likely veteran voters. However, within that group, younger veterans were more likely to favor Biden (51 percent to 40 percent in favor of Biden among veterans 34 to 54 years old) than older veterans (59 percent to 38 percent among veterans 55 years and older).

In 2016, exit polls showed Trump easily outdistanced Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton among veterans, with a 60 percent to 34 percent advantage

One batch of military mail-in votes ALL went to Biden.

The question is: How likely is that?

The Military Times this week cited exit polling from Edison Research that showed 52 percent of military and veteran voters preferred President Donald Trump to Biden, who 45 percent preferred. That margin is much narrower than in 2016, when Trump enjoyed a 26-percent advantage, pulling in 60 percent to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s 34 percent.

I'm surprised that more than 12% of any demographic voted for Trump, but I can tell you that he is not well spoken of at the VFW post.

There are no breakdowns I am aware of. All we have is the polling, which gave Biden a 4 point lead. The average polling error this year was around 4% this year in Trump's favor. If you apply that same error to the military, that makes it about even. 

I did find this quote from Business Insider though,

"I did find it odd that, throughout the day/night, I saw a few dozen military ballots be counted," a certified poll watcher said in his statement dated November 4. "Although I cannot provide specific numbers or names, I can estimate that at least 80% of the military ballots I saw were straight ticket Democrat or simply had Joe Biden's name filled in on them."

Also, found some exit polling from Edison Research that said military and veteran voters preferred Trump over Biden, 52% to 45%. But it's worth noting the pandemic made exit polling even worse than it already is.