Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why do Americans love to slice up their dogs ears? This is sick and wrong and it doesn’t happen anywhere else. ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Foolishness and ignorance

• 2 months ago

More & more Vets are refusing to crop the ears.  It is the breed standard for some breeds that are show dogs.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I agree its barbaric to crop a dogs ears just for cosmetic reasons, and the sooner the US puts a ban on this practice the better. 

If a person wants a dog with erect ears then they should get a breed that naturally has them. JMO.

PS: Docking tails IMO is just as bad and there is nothing more pathetic to see than a dog trying to communicate with other dogs or people by wagging a tiny `stump`.   

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I am American and never done that ear cropping! I always owned dogs and my whole family and husbands family has dogs all from the USA none of us crops/slices the dogs ears! My friend is a vet tech and she said not that many people does that anymore, in our area!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I don’t get it either. I understand (but disagree) when they’re show dogs because the dog’s have to fit a specific standard to compete. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.