Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Does my female manager look down her nose at me?

I’m a 30 year old guy. I consider myself to be intelligent, hard working and helpful.

My female manager is always grateful .when I help her. However when she’s around her boss and other coworkers she’s a little distant and sometimes rude towards me. 

When it’s just her and I though, she seems a little nicer to me. When her and I email each other, she will usually use friendly emoticons. She loves it when I order office supplies for her. 

So why is her behavior inconsistent?

I remember onetime she kind of flashed me her butt too. She bent down in front of me when she didn’t need to in order to grab a pen. I could be making too much of it but I have a funny feeling 

• P.L.

Maybe she feels intimidated when her boss is around. Try to ignore the way it seems to be and make allowances for the fact that she might be feeling very insecure herself whilst the other one is there.

Maybe, maybe not since it's kinda hard to tell. She doesn't sound very professional and I wouldn't even worry about her if I were you.

Source(s): I mean there are all kinds of ways to show someone's a professional & serious worker without doing what she does. So rude, all workers should be treated equally in my opinon.
  • Foofa

Because like all of us she has to suck up to the brass and make herself seem more like them than like her underlings. It's just business. 

• Raja

She is your immediate boss .It looks she is fond of you. Any way when she is with her superiors she will have to show them that she is a serious boss so she acts in that manner .Give her the feeling that you really admire her in the absence of co workers .Bending in front of you flashing her butt may be casual but watch the situation in time to come to see whether there are any such acts. Since you are exchanging e -mails   

No adults should be using emoticons of any kind, friendly or not. Leave them to the teens.

not sure why you think this concerns you... it means nothing. you are an employee. she is your manager. ? she's being professional and i don't think you should overthink all of these tiny interactions. 

You consider yourself intelligent, but you're asking random strangers on the internet to tell YOU whether or not YOUR manager, someone YOU know personally looks down her nose at you even though none of us know her or have ever met her? Do you really consider that an intelligent inquiry?

It sounds like she enjoys you and has a friendly relationship with you, however, this can be deemed unprofessional as it may show a boundary between employee and employer has been breached. So, when her own superiors are around she directs you as she would an employee, not a friend. She may not realize she is being more harsh, but she certainly is cognizant that she is making sure she is not uber friendly when her superiors are around. She wants to make it clear to you, without saying it directly, that when they are around you two must act accordingly. Thats all 

• ?

A woman should never have authority over a man! Unless of course,she's your mother.