Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Why would you shave your eyebrows off and draw them back on? Is that a form of mental illness?

Everybody has things about themselves that they don’t like and I guess since most of us cannot afford plastic surgery eyebrows is probably the least expensive thing that you can modify.

• kelvin

has nothing to do with a mental illness it's just a form of fashion

• ?

No it's not a form of mental illness.

Source(s): Psychiatric nurse for over 30 years.

It was actually quite a fad back in the 1920's and 40's and also the1960's and then again in the 1980's and once more in the mid 1990's and the then again in the early 21st century. Some think it drawn on brows look good. It's been advised as a solution for "problem" brows although personally I would rather have problem brows than no brows. It's not a mental illness -that would be compulsively pulling them out by the roots. To me drawn on brows look like uncle Leo from Seinfeld. Nobody is fooled and it's easy to see they're drawn and not real. 

Maybe the person wants to develop a unibrow.