hbsizzwell asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Do you think it was a big deal that a woman/girl made an offside kick for Vanderbilt?

• Yeah and I adore football female players and all of that kind of stuff ;-) .

Yes, I do think it was a big deal.

• ?

None its was just a pathetic activist promo to highlight a female objective that females are more equal to men in which they are not or they wouldn't be seperate male / female sports leagues .

First of all she only did a kickoff and actually kicked ( a free kick ) only 20 - 25 yards and the opposing team dove on it at the 35 yard line after it bounced a few times .

What would be a bit impressed if she would make a game winning field goal or actually assisted in a tackle or catch that made a positive gain for Vanderbilt college team .

But as current Vanderbilt is 0 - 8 for the season and lost to Missouri 41 - Vanderbilt 0 score in that game .

• Cu Tie

Not really. My sister went to a private, all-girls high school in Pennsylvania, and during her senior year of high school, she made the junior varsity football team for the local public school in New Jersey.

• Nick

Not really, I think it is much more impressive that she's the star keeper of their women's soccer team.

It's my understanding it went like this: all their kickers went covid list, they had to take an open call for kickers on campus, the women's soccer keeper tried out, they said "sure why not let her do 1 kickoff?"

I think most people see it for what it is! A gimmick.This is not a big deal for college football.A woman could compete for a job on a team.Problem being tehy will have to be able to take mans hitI see that being a major problem for any woman. 

I think it's wrong. There are female leagues for a reason. Don't complain when she gets rocked by a lineman.