jnmom asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

My bf left me at the store to walk home, is this passive aggressive controlling behavior?

We have been having issues in our relationship and have started counseling to help. I have lost some attraction for him due to his reluctance to commit, help with the house and chores and makes me feel guilty when he buys me things(even though I pay all the bills). I feel like I am going crazy! I can’t count on him to finish anything he starts ie: he still hasn’t finish my grandmas taxes from July! 

Is this worth trying to fix?

• zipper

It is stupid a total lack of carrying for your safety behavior.  Fine yourself a real man to treat you right, before this idiot gets you raped or killed!

There's probably better guys at the store he left you at.

Passive aggressive?  Why would you consider this a passive aggressive thing?  Unless you said you wouldn't get in the car....

Not if you want to have a happy decent life. You can't have that with someone who doesn't respect and value you. 

Don't know about you, but I'd rather be alone than with someone who mistreats me, and your boyfriend is NOT boyfriend material. 

• garry

no he is arrogant , walks you to a store am dumps you there , so he can go home , rather selfish isnt he ..get rid off him , he wont change .

• Jim

Take a break for a couple of weeks and see how you both feel.

And stop paying for everything! Spend your own money on you.

God yes! I ended up marrying a jerk like this. With children quickly on the scene, I couldn't just leave. When I did have enough of it, he'd come around crying and begging me to come back. Over 19 years, it still worked. He knew how to manipulate me that well. Which is what you are in 'training' for! Darl, don't walk away but RUN! I don't have to 'know' him or you - but I can spot 'the game'. Please, please PLEASE, don't stick around. Trust me - being alone is NOT as hard as the life he has planned for you . . .   

As a guy, I couldn't imagine myself doing that and, should you remain with him, it'll get worse. With your paying all of the bills, you're supporting him and, at the same time, subjecting yourself to this? If you stay with him the real problem is you. Do yourself a much-needed favor and break off the relationship.

Here is what happened to me. My ex live in other country and I visited him with plane. It is more than 800km in 1 direction with car. I did drove once too straight 8 hours there and directly back. Every time I was there, and I was only 3 days there, he would kick me out of hotel and left me alone on street. why? because he turned his head for other girl and I got upset and he left me alone on street. Because I was there only 3 days and he left me alone and went out with his friends and I got upset. I got upset for things that every normal person would be upset when in love. 1 month later he broke up with me. I am glad he did because I didn't have heart to do it when I should do it long time ago. It still hurts me a lot because I love him but living a life being ignored, bullied, disrespected, etc. it is not healthy. I wonder did he even cared about me at all. 

Try to break up with him for 1-2 weeks and see how you will feel and if he will try to get you back. I was scared to do that but this can gain respect if he truly cares. 

It's called being a jerk.

Drop him immediately.

You can do better,I'm sure.

Dump him immediately