Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

How to learn to wear makeup and contour?

I’ve watched what seems like 1,000 YouTube videos.  But I always look bad in pictures. The colors doesn’t compliment me at all.  I’m brunette, cool tone skin, fair skin.  I can never get my eye makeup to look good.  My blush makes me look like a hoe, no matter what shade I use 

By taking some courses or youtube.

I am pale too.I use the blushfrom Avon the soft plum shade.I use the Blushing beauty shade of the Mark-Avon lipstick.I use the mocha latte shade from the four eye shadow pallette from Avon.Try them.Ask a rep.😃

• drip

Not everyone has the knack for putting on make up.

If you have the money. Book an appointment with a Mary Kay sale consultant. They will meet with you and try colors on your face before you buy. 

Maybe you've got your skin tone wrong. Try  warm or neutral tones. See if that helps. And no, blue eyes don't automatically make you cool toned. And lighten up. For example if it's a choice between pale peach and medium peach go for the pale. Lighten up the contour shade. You start light and build up color, not the other way around. Finally, use as light a touch as possible when applying any contour and blush combo and blend your blush into the contour so there are no lines. Everything should look blended and air brushed. Hard lines look okay in photo sessions and YouTube videos, not so okay in real life. But first, revisit your skin tone classification. When nothing looks right then start from square one again -determining your real skin tone. 

The only thing I can recommend is to go to one of your larger Dept. Stores, like Macy's or Dillard's.

They give free make-overs.  But...the would like you to purchase something. So, buy something...Get a free make-over. That sounds like a fair trade.

Source(s): I worked at Dillard's. I sold Estee' Lauder products, and gave make-overs.