Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How do I get my sister love me again?

She stopped loving me after I grabbed her shoulders and shook the hell out of them a year ago.  

• Ann
    Favorite Answer

I'm sure that experience was frightening to your sister.  You don't say what the reason was for you grabbing her.  That amounted to physical assault.  All you can do is give her a straight-up apology and say, "I'm very sorry for the way I grabbed you inappropriately last year.  I know it was a frightening experience for you, and I was out of control.  I hope you will forgive me, and I promise to never touch you again".  And mean it.  Don't ever get too close to her physically.  That's all you can do.  If you're sincere in your apology, then it's up to her to forgive you.  Don't press the matter, because that will only make it worse.

I do not know if I would love my sibling if they violently shook me!!! Good question though.....

Tell her to get the hell over it

After an event like that, she will need a sincere apology followed and/or preceded by a remarkable improvement in your behavior.  If you did it when you were drunk, you need to go to AA and practice their program.  If it was just a matter of uncontrolled anger, maybe you need anger management therapy.  If it is something else entirely, take appropriate measures.