Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

If you are 18 years old do you have to tell your parents or used to be guardian that you are sexually active?

Favorite Answer

No, you're now a adult at the age and it isn't their business.

No, but they may kick you out of the house,if they find out you are. Keep it low, it's best for all parties.

• helene

No.

And trust me, they do not want to know.

• El

If you're eighteen you don't have to do anything but keep your conduct within the constraints of the law.

To the poster below: House rules are exactly that, rules for what can and can't go on within the homeowner's house. This doesn't extend to the poster's body or what he/she choses to do with it outside of the house if the poster is a legal adult.

• ?

No. I would not have considered telling anyone even before I was 18. I suppose if I had been a girl and had wanted to start contraception, it might have been necessary to talk to a parent/guardian in territories where contraception is not freely available or where the cost is covered by the parents/guardians medical insurance.

• Robert

At 18 if you are out of their house and supporting yourself you do not have to tell anyone anything.  If you are taking from them, living under their roof, and eating their food, you must abide by the house rules whatever they are.