Asep
Asep asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Can you wash dishes with Chlorine?

My mom has been bragging about how she uses chlorine to clean the dishes 🤦‍♀️ I can’t with this woman.

Can’t you get cancer from that?

They put chlorine in swimming pools so it can't be too bad

I wash our tea and coffee cups in chlorine to remove stains. 

.

Especially my cup, as I may use the same cup for 2-3 days before washing and it looks quite disgusting.

• ?

I have actually had to do this several times when the water in our town was considered undrinkable and contaminated.  We've had to boil water, and so I add a little Clorox bleach to the water I wash dishes with.  It isn't a lot, and the water is very hot as well.  I then use a little vinegar in the rinse water to counteract it.  We aren't supposed to run dishwashers because of the contamination at these times.  You can't get cancer from chlorine, but don't use too much.  We also have a lot of fluoride added to our water system because of the bad quality of the water at times.  I live in west TX where water is scarce and it becomes  easily polluted. 

It does not cause cancer.................

• garry

yes if you want every thing white ..

As long as they're rinsed afterward no harm to people using them later. 

chlorine is a gas . 

• ?

Most municipalities use chlorine in their drinking water . The dishes need to be rinsed well . I really can't see how chlorine would help to clean the dishes . 

I've never used chlorine. I just use dish soap. 

• ?

Maybe she is referring to standard chlorine bleach.  It can be used if highly diluted, but you must wear gloves, and some dishes and other cooking vessels are not tolerant of chlorine.

PS: What do you mean by, "I can’t with this woman?"