Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Would my hair be damaged if I do keratin?

I did keratin twice in my life once when I was 16 and the other when I was 22.. my hair really grew long up to under my bust. But its gone a bit thinner from all the straightnening done to it. My hair is curly. I really wish to do the keratin again obviously first I cut out my burnt ends and than do the keratin but someone suggested I shouldnt do it as they told me I would damage it as my hair cant afford it. Is there a limit to doing keratin? 

Which Keratin product have you used? After watching a lot of advertisements, I ordered Keranique but it didn't work as expected. Later, checked this review- https://hairlosscares.net/keranique-review/ and realized, it's not only me. 

• Keratin treatments may be able to straighten hair, but they damage it in the process. This is because keratin treatment products contain ingredients other than keratin (such as formaldehyde) and the high heat of the styling tools used can burn and break hair, causing it to shed. Which could be why your hair looks thinner. 

Personally I wouldn't do it. If you have to straighten your hair use a heat protector and flat irons, but not too often that can also damage your hair over time, also when you damage your hair that can kill your curls. 

A few times a week just let it be naturally curly. If you have frizz use an anti frizz product or an anti frizz curl cream. Unless your hair is seriously damaged, you shouldn't do it, that should be your limit.