Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

This is my shoulder I was scratching it for a while and after about 30 minutes these appeared what is this??

I’m always itchy or it could be anxiety that causes me to itch I don’t know but these marks/bumps appeared after I itched my shoulder skin area today 

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Anxiety and stress can certainly cause rashes such as this.  Try to relax, see a doctor about anti anxiety medications.  It’s also very possible that you have Contact Dermatitis, a condition caused by your skin coming into contact with an allergen, such as a certain material, medication, or soap and other cleaning products.  If you’ve recently started using anything new, or find that you get itchy around or while doing a certain thing, start using products specifically for sensitive or itchy skin instead.  Try to keep the area clean often.  Start taking a antihistamine, such as Benadryl.  Creams for irritated and itchy skin can also help.  

• 2 months ago

I have the same issue - itching shoulders mostly, but i itch all over when i go to bed... i don't have a rash or bites or anything... however, i do get  small blister-looking marks like you have on my shoulders and they eventually turn to scabs.  My dermatologist is clueless.  He took skin samples three times and he said the lab didn't find anything.  So your guess is as good as mine!  I use benadryl cream on them sometimes.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.