What good will giving citizenship to  11 million illegal immigrants do ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They wont be granted citizenship, rather their status will be upgraded from Illegal Alien to Legal Alien and they will be given "Green" cards to prove their new status.

• 2 months ago

There is no use I am giving up my green card because Americans and legal immigrants will be asked to pay for it.

• 2 months ago

The Democrats want to use illegal aliens to overthrow our two-party system so they can replace it with a one-party (Democrat) dictatorship.     

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it will only do good for the illegals and the businesses that hire-profit off of them. it will encourage millions more to come like after regan gave amnesty. then soon united states will become a third world country. this country only have so much money, food, homes and jobs.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Minus border security it'll necessitate 11 million more illegals to come in a take the jobs of those whose employers will just flatly refuse to obey labor laws. This is exactly what happened after the 1986 amnesty but it's like no one bothered to read the history books on that grand experiment. Reagan's amnesty actually increased illegal traffic exponentially as those newly legalized could suddenly ask for legal wages and job protections and most of them ended up getting fired. This is why any real attempt to curb illegal migration in the US needs to start with serious punishment for employers. The fact that Trump didn't do that is mute testimony to how false his statements on illegal immigration were. 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It will encourage more illegals to arrive for the hope they will also get citizenship eventually.......same as it did in the US when Regan gave illegals, legal status and when DACA was given to illegals...just encouraged more to arrive

• 2 months ago

Some of them are neded, productive workers (and the U S will collect taxes from them), but still, they should have come in by legal means. [small half-snark, half truth: we will no longer be taxed to fund the wall, and daycare centers will have many more attendees]

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm 100% Mexican, and even I wouldn't want amnesty for them.  What does it say to the immigrants who are actually abiding by the rules to gain entry, that people who broke the law and smuggled themselves into the country get their citizenship but the people who are doing it the legal way don't until they finish the procedure laid out for naturalization?

It's disgusting.  Put it this way, you have 2 people who want to own a home.  Person A works 2 jobs and in 5 years they might have enough money for a down payment.  Person B decided to break into the house, squat there, and now a democrat party is saying well since they're already in the house, we should let them keep it.

F*ck that.  If it were left up to me I would deport every last one of those 11 million from the US.  You DON'T get rewarded for breaking the rules.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.