Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 months ago

Do I need to update my bios for a ryzen 5 3600xt?

I have a asrock b450m pro and my previous cpu was a ryzen 5 1600. Not getting any video output when I turn the computer on but fans and lights work. Could be a million other things but I suspect there has to be a bios update because the 3600xt is fairly more recent than the 1600. Any help appreciated. 

• ?

The BIOS reversion that guarantees compatibility with the 3600xt was published this last summer. So if you've had your board for a couple of years and you haven't updated the BIOS then it's not going to be compatible. You'll have to stick the old R5 1600 back into the system and update it. 

We don't know because YOU haven't told us which version of BIOS you currently have installed.

The Ryzen 5 1600XT works on all versions of BIOS since P4.20.  (This is on the ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard.)

The Ryzen 5 1600XT works on all versions of BIOS since P2.10.  (This is on the ASRock B450M Pro4-F motherboard.)

You need to make sure which specific motherboard it is that you have, my friend, as flashing with the wrong BIOS Update COULD leave you in a mess.

Why not just put the old CPU back in and update it? Then you'll know.