Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 2 months ago

Always been fascinated with maps, highways, countries... Is there a job or area of study I could try?

I was really interested in interstate highways and knowing where all these towns are located on maps.... I'm curious about population, capitals, and what life is like in countries like Uzbekistan or Paraguay for example.. Idk the world is really interesting. I read atlases a lot. 

What exactly is cartography? What other fields of studies pertaining to geography should I look into? Thanks!

1 Answer

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    GIS technician or remote sensing technician. GIS. = Geographic Information Systems. If you want to become certified that means?earning a graduate masters deggree and taking and passing 5 or more graduate level courses. You have to find a university that offers a certification program. 

    There are also cartographers and surveyors who make maps. .  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.